Top 10 Best Scrubs For Nurses in 2024
Shopping online for the best nurse scrubs is no easy task. That’s why we asked our online nursing community of over 200K nurses to vote on the best scrubs for nurses and then had real nurses wear the scrubs and review each scrub brand.
What's in this article?
- Best Scrubs for Nurses by Category
- Best Scrub Brands Reviewed by Real Nurses
- Top-rated scrubs on Amazon
- Top eco-friendly/sustainable scrubs
- How to choose the right scrubs for you
Nurse.org works with affiliate partners - we get a share of the revenue from each scrub sale.
Sign Up For Exclusive Nurse Discounts
Figs believes that scrubs are more than a uniform - they symbolize how you care for yourself and others. The company also states that what you wear affects how you behave and possibly even inspires better performance (as nurses, we need all the help we can get sometimes!)
Figs scrubs have been all the rage over the last few years, so they made the #1 spot for our best overall scrubs category!
They tend to run at a higher price point than most scrubs - and for a good reason. They have more positive reviews for comfort, style, and eco-friendliness than most scrubs available on the market today. Most importantly, they are durable and maintain their integrity after months of wear and wash.
Here are what figs customers are saying:
- “Great product”
- “Clean looking and stylish!”
- “As comfortable as yoga pants!”
It's no surprise that so many hospital units and clinics are full of medical professionals walking around in the latest Figs scrubs.
- High performing and durable
- Clean and stylish looking
- Multiple styles for every body type
- Environmentally responsible
- Lightweight and breathable
- Coming out with new “on trend” colors every year
- The company gives back through a “Threads for Threads” initiative that donates scrubs to healthcare professionals in developing countries who don’t have proper uniforms to give safe and effective patient care.
- Figs scrubs have a more expensive price point
- Be careful of the size you order because they may fit snuggly. If you like your scrubs to be baggy, you may need to size up.
Get 15% Off FIGS! Fill out the form to claim your exclusive offer.
Wonderwink's website explains why its mission was to create great scrubs and how it went about achieving that goal.
The company took many concerns many women complaint about typical scrub brands to create a comfortable, breathable, low-maintenance scrub option that many women appreciate, such as:
- Offers a “four-stretch” fabric
- 100% polyester material for durability
- Less shrinking in the dryer so scrubs hold their shape
- Moisture resistance
- No itchy tags
- Multiple fit options
- No ironing
- A more affordable price point
- Some customers report that even though they are comfortable, they were not as stretchy as they would like
Wonderwink offers a “true-plus” fit with their Four-stretch collection, so they made our list of best scrubs for curvy women.
In addition to their collection of vibrant colors and wrinkle-free materials, Wonderwink’s quality
- Some of their designs include:
- Mock-wrap tops
- Front zippers
- “Wonderflex” stretchy materials
- Flair, jogger, and jogger-style pants
- Elastics waists, and
- Contrasting stitching for style and durability
Here is what some Wonderwink customers are saying:
- “All scrubs need to be this!”
- “Great for pet care and professionals in dirty jobs.”
- “Best scrub pants ever.”
- “It is hard to find scrub pants that are a comfortable fit for my size 16 body, but these fit.”
- Fits such as cargo joggers, traditional cargos, and full elastic cargo
- Affordable price point
- Customers report they have a “stretchy” and “silky feel.”
- Fast drying
- Also great for the “petite plus size women.”
- Customers with a more petite frame report that scrubs may be baggy or too long (check to ensure you are ordering the correct size).
- Customers report that if you are “petite,” make sure you order a “petite” size to fit your frame.
Get FREE Gales compression socks! Fill out the form to claim your exclusive offer.
You may not know this, but Dickies is not only a scrub company. They have been creating workwear for people in many hardworking types of professions since 1922! It is no surprise that their scrub wear would make our list of best scrubs for men.
Dickies medical scrubs include classic styles as well as the newer trends in scrub wear, including:
- “Retro” scrubs for a cool, youthful, edgy look
- “Dynamics” scrubs - inspired by athletics but designed for the way medical professionals work
What Amazon customers are saying:
- “Very cool materials. No sweating!”
- “Finally, a flattering, performance scrub top for guys!”
- “Soft, stretchy, easy to do CPR in”
- Polyester and spandex combination for superb stretch, durability, and movement
- Lightweight textured fabric
- Zipper closure
- Men’s sizes go up to 5XL
- Styles with extra pockets
- Moisture-wicking materials
- Some customers reported that delivery took longer than expected
- A few customers said that they thought the sizing run small
Most medical professionals report that they love wearing scrubs because they often feel like they are going to work in their pajamas, so picking the number #1 choice for the most comfortable scrubs is tricky.
Claim Your 60% off Jaanuu's Scrubs Now!
Get 60% off their Heritage scrubs when you buy 2 or more scrub sets for the next 48 hours! This offer ends on 11/9/2023 at 7:00 am PST. Sign up below and we'll email you this exclusive discount code instantly.
But after careful review, we’ve decided that Jannuu scrubs earn the #1 spot!
Not only are Jaanuu scrubs often reported as being extremely comfortable, but they also have a loungewear “Comfort Rx” line for patient-care and post-work recovery and leisure!
Jaanuu also has a “scrub builder” on their website, allowing customers to pick and choose between scrub top shirts and pants for the ultimate comfort and style.
Here is what Amazon customers are saying:
- “The texture is soft and stretchy. I love the jogger style; it gives me lots of flexibility.”
- “Great fit...not baggy like most scrubs. The material is soft with just enough stretch.”
- “These are the most comfortable scrubs in my closet.”
- Nine unique core and limited edition colors
- Allows for advanced flexibility and mobility with a professional look
- Scrubs are treated with “Silvadur™ antimicrobial finished technology.”
- Wrinkle and fade-resistant
- A comfortable blend of polyester, rayon, and spandex
- Some customers reported that lighter colors are not as stain-resistant
Get 15% Off Your Jaanuu Order! Fill out the form to claim your exclusive offer.
Figs scrubs made our list of overall best scrubs, but they are also #1 on the leaderboard for more stylish scrubs as well!
In addition to their trendy styles and colors, Figs has an array of ancillary healthcare worker apparel to style out any health workers appearance, including:
- Jackets & vests
- Lab Coats
- Scrub Caps
- Face Masks
- The Figs website offers “kits” to incorporate matching ancillary items along with various styles of scrubs to make mixing and matching effortless.
- Hip colors such as “martini olive,” “safety green,” and “dark fig” are a few of the seasonal colors to choose from.
- Figs quality and style comes at a higher price point than many other scrubs on the market.
If you are looking for scrubs at a cheaper price point, you have many options available. But, buyer beware! Before buying the cheapest scrubs you can find, consider looking for sales on scrub styles from some of the brands listed in this article. It is possible to find high-quality scrubs without the big price tag if you are willing to go with older styles or last-years “on trend” colors!
Keep an eye out for seasonal sales. Many scrub companies want to unload older styles because they have new styles on the horizon. Waiting for sales is the best way to find the cheapest scrubs that provide the highest quality that can last for years!
Barco Uniforms' innovative fabric delivers a super-soft luxurious touch with moisture-wicking qualities and a special comfortable feel, along with ease of care and colors that stand the test of time.
Grey's Anatomy scrubs review by Nurse Delisha
"Very flattering for my body type. High quality!"
"The Grey's Anatomy by Barco scrubs were overall great! The material was very high quality and super soft. I loved that the scrubs were true to size and very flattering for my body type. I also enjoyed that the scrub tops had pockets that were easily accessible. I would definitely purchase scrubs in the future from the Grey's Anatomy scrub line." - Delisha, BSN, RN
- BUY Greys Anatomy 3 Pocket Mock Wrap Scrub Top, $27.95
- BUY Greys Anatomy 5 Pocket Drawstring Scrub Pant starting at $24.52
Meet Nurse Delisha: Hi! I'm a Labor and Delivery Nurse. I love being a nurse!
Get 100 reward points to shop Nurse.org marketplace ($10 off)! Fill out the form to use your rewards!
Contemporary, runway-inspired antimicrobial finished medical apparel & nursing scrubs uniforms designed by celebrity pediatrician Dr. Neela.
Jaanuu scrubs review by Nurse Melanie
"The Jaanuu scrubs are more stylish and modern than the scrubs I normally wear at work. They are very comfortable and stretchy which is awesome especially when you're at work for 12 hours at a time. The scrubs fit extremely well and are made of quality material." - Melanie Brown, BSN, RN
Meet Nurse Melani: Hi! I have 1+ years experience in ICU. The best part of being a nurse is all of the opportunity for growth and education in the ICU. You never know what kind of patients you're going to get. In addition, being able to care for patients and families when they are most vulnerable and provide them with an environment where they feel safe and as comfortable as possible is another reason why I love being a nurse. My favorite quotes are, "be your own kind of beautiful :)" and "you had a purpose before anyone had an opinion." Follow me on Instagram @itsmila_
JAANUU scrubs review by Nurse Jennifer
"It's nice to feel more polished without any extra effort."
"At first glance, I was conflicted over joggers actually being scrubs but once I had them on loved the fit and will def be wearing them! I love their feminine fit and gold details. As nurses tend to put a little less effort in our appearance at work than outside of work because of limited time between shifts, being limited to scrubs, and the physical demands and unglamorous nature of our work. So it is nice to feel more polished without any extra effort." - Jennifer McMahon, BSN, RN
"Flattering to a woman's curves - soft & durable. Highly recommend!"
"Jaanuu scrubs are cut perfectly for a woman's body they are really flattering to my curves and moved very well. Their fabric is soft/comfortable and felt durable and thick. The details on the scrubs make them feel fancier and more polished than scrubs I've used in the past. At first glance, it felt like over-kill but, after wearing them I realized it really made a difference in how put-together/professional I felt. I've recommended this brand to coworkers!" - Jennifer McMahon, BSN, RN
Meet Nurse Jennifer: Hi! I have 9 years experience in CVICU, CCU, and emergency. It's like Gandhi says that, "the best way to find yourself is in the service of others." There just is no other field like nursing that allows you to discover so many different versions of yourself in so many situations. You never know what opportunities or obstacles each shift will offer. Every day is different. You're constantly being challenged to find deeper and new variations of patience, nurturing, knowledge, and empathy. Nursing really offers opportunities like nothing else to get to know our best selves. Being there for someone else at their hardest chapter can truly be a privilege. My favorite quote is, "you do not have to be a fire for every mountain blocking you. You could be a water and soft river your way to freedom too (Nayyirah Waheed.) Follow me on Instagram: @jan_mcmathaway
Since 1972 Cherokee has been one of the overwhelming favorite scrubs brands. Cherokee is dedicated to bringing fashion, comfort, and quality (as well as a little more style and personality) to uniforms without sacrificing the functionality you need to do your job.
Cherokee Scrubs Review by Nurse Heather
"Lightweight and stretchy, comfortable and durable!"
"The Cherokee Infinity fabric was very lightweight and stretchy making the scrub set both comfortable and durable. I like all the pockets and the purple color - my favorite color! I would definitely buy these scrubs again. Next time I'll order a smaller pant-size, the bungee cord kept getting stuck under my shoe." - Heather Demyan, BSN, RN, CCRN
- BUY CHEROKEE Infinity Mock Wrap Scrub Top, $28-$34
- BUY CHEROKEE Infinity Low Rise Straight Leg Scrub Pant, $18.95-$44.44
Meet Nurse Heather: Hi! I'm a travel nurse with 7 years ICU experience. I truly enjoy helping people and seeing their health improve! My favorite quote is, “in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” Follow me on Instagram: @hef_3
Cherokee Scrubs Review by Nurse Neal
"Thick material yet, lightweight and well constructed!"
"These Cherokee Infinity scrubs are really comfortable and breathable. The blue color was really nice as well. I appreciated how the material didn’t feel too light. These days, the stretchy look usually entails cheap spandex-like material. The Cherokee scrub material was thick, lightweight weight and well constructed." Neal Sandoval, BSN, RN
Meet Nurse Neal: Hi! I have 5 years nursing experience in cardiothoracic ICU and rapid response. I love the camaraderie of nursing and making a positive impact on the lives we take care of and their families. My favorite nursing quotes are, "I can't relate to lazy people. We don't speak the same language. I don't understand you. I don't want to understand you." and "We don't quit. We don't cower. We don't run. We endure and conquer." Follow me on Instagram @registerneal
Get 25% OFF nursemates.com! Fill out the form to claim your exclusive discount.
Designed to celebrate the women who wear scrubs: talented, devoted healthcare professionals who feel a special connection with the work they do.
Heartsoul scrubs review by nurse Jessi
"Functional, flattering and waterproof! My new 'go-to' scrub brand."
"The Heartsoul scrubs are fit to hug your curves – they are very flattering and have a sporty feel, like yoga pants. Some scrubs are box-like and make you lose your body shape, but these are not like that at all. I felt like I was wearing yoga pants in these scrubs! The top also fits very nicely. Very functional! The material is stretchy and breathable – if you need to bend over or end up getting hot and sweaty at work you will have no issues in these scrubs! Not to mention they are waterproof! I can easily say I will be buying more of these scrubs. Definitely my new go-to scrub brand!
- BUY Heartsoul V-Neck Scrub Top from $17.98-$30.98
- BUY Heartsoul Heart Breaker Scrub Pant from $29-$34
Meet nurse Jessi: Hi! The best part of what I do is the fact that I have the opportunity to leave a lasting impression on my patient's life. They come into the hospital feeling vulnerable and defeated and I have the ability to provide them with positive energy and comfort during what could be the most difficult time of their life. My favorite quote is, "the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Follow me on Instagram @jessiwood
Dickies has been making quality scrub pants, workwear, and apparel since 1922. All Dickies clothing offers superior craftsmanship to deliver style and comfort every day.
Dickies scrub review by Nurse Sam
"Lots of extra pockets and zippers! High quality and durable scrubs."
"I love all zippers and extra pockets on these Dickies scrubs, pockets are a must-have feature for nurse scrubs. They are higher quality, comfortable and more durable than the usual scrub brands I wear. The color is unique and I will be buying more of these scrubs." - Sam Foarde, BSN, RN
Meet nurse Sam: Hi! I have 4 years experience in emergency and trauma nursing. The best part of being a nurse is having the ultimate human experience, being the light in the darkness of a stranger. My favorite quote is, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget the way you made them feel” (Maya Angelou.) Follow me on Instagram @sir_registered_nerd
Get a Fabletics scrub set for $24, new VIPs! Fill out the form to claim your exclusive offer.
WonderWink lab coats, scrub tops pants for men and women, all designed with your needs in mind. The Original WonderWink Scrub Shop--Expect Compliments!
Wonderwink scrubs review by Nurse Tiffany
"Comfortable and wrinkle-resistant; sturdy pockets for all my stuff!"
"Sometimes I feel like a slob at work, the scrubs I typically wear are a little stiffer on the fabric and they wrinkle so easily. The ones by Wonderwink are so comfortable and the material is wrinkle resistant. They also are so cooling and breathable- sometimes those patient rooms get stuffy and hot! But Wink scrubs seem to cool. They are comfortable and I feel like I look nice too! These run a bit large, consider going down a size. Very durable scrubs and the double stitch at the seems helps hold up the pockets especially with all I fill them with!" Tiffany Aldridge BSN, RN
Meet nurse Tiffany: Hi! I have 5.5 years Labor & Delivery nursing experience. I love helping and empowering my patients. My favorite nurse quote is, "nursing is an art and if it is to be made an art it requires as exclusive a devotion. As hard preparation as any painter's or sculptor's work. For what is the having to do with dead canvas or cold marble compared with having to do with the living body - the temple of God's spirit? It is one of the Fine Arts. I had almost said, the finest of the Fine Arts" (Florence Nightingale.) Follow me on Instagram @tiffanygailrn
Antimicrobial & Fluid barrier Scrub Tops & Pants, and Nursing Uniforms.
Life-Threads scrubs review by Nurse Blake
"Antimicrobial scrubs help me put my patients first."
"When I typically go shopping for scrubs, I look for 2 things, the color which is mandated by the hospital or unit and the price. When I received these Life-Threads scrubs, I was impressed with the fact they were antimicrobial. Antimicrobial scrubs are something I don't typically look for but, will now make it the highest priority when I purchase my next pair of scrubs. I realized that having scrubs that are antimicrobial is the best thing for the patient and puts the patient first. The scrubs fit nicely. They aren't too fitted which makes it comfortable to move around and dance, just in case you need to dance." - Blake Lynch, BSN, RN
- BUY Life Threads Unisex Scrub Top starting at $14.98
- BUY Life Threads Classic Unisex Scrub Pant, $12.73-$18.99
Meet nurse Blake: Hi! I have 4 years ICU and trauma nursing experience. The best part about being a nurse is the fact that I get to save lives. As nurses, we have the opportunity to positively impact individuals and families by the care we provide. It's a challenging profession but more importantly, it's rewarding.This may be a cliche of me as a nurse to choose a Nightingale quote but it's one that has inspired me through nursing school and beyond, "I attribute my success to this - I never gave or took any excuse" (Florence Nightingale.) Follow me on Instagram @nurse.blake
Med Couture scrubs fit like a dream and come in amazing colors & prints.
Med-Couture scrubs review by Nurse Kimi
"I love the bright color and shape of these scrubs."
"These Med Couture scrubs fit well and come in cute vibrant colors. They are a flattering fit but, are a bit stiff. I like scrubs that are water-resistant and these don't seem to be." - Kimi Girmus BSN, RN
- BUY Med Couture Signature Classic V-Neck Scrub Top, $36.94
- BUY Med Couture Signature Scrub Pant, $18-$40.87
Meet nurse Kimi: Hi! I have 1.5 years experience as a critical care nurse. I love discovering how to best treat and educate each patient. Everyone is so unique in how their body responds to treatments and how patients learn. My favorite quote is, “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you'll win, no matter what the outcome" (Patch Adams.) Follow me on Instagram @kimigirmus
Figs create innovative, comfortable, and supremely functional medical apparel for the modern world. They create technical designs made with antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, and durable fabrics that are also supremely soft to the touch, lightweight, and breathable.
Threads For Threads - for every set of scrubs sold, FIGS gives a set to a healthcare provider in need around the world.
Figs Scrub Review by Nurse Jenna
"All around really good material, very slimming!"
"These Figs scrubs are a little thicker which makes me feel more secure in regards to bodily fluid splashes. The best part is that they don't feel heavy though, just all around good material. Without the pockets, the top is very slimming - which is great if you like to feel and look good at work, too. They also have a comfortable waistline and don't require tightening or loosening throughout the day. What I like most secondary to the waistline is the boot cut, they don't drag and that's huge in the medical field." - Jenna BSN, RN.
"They remind me of my favorite yoga pants!"
"The comfort level for these Figs scrubs was top-notch. I love the thick flexible waistline - they really remind me of my favorite yoga pants. I love the way they feel and how I can get high or low and feel secure in the fact I know I'm not exposed. I love that they have pockets!"- Jenna BSN, RN.
Meet Nurse Jenna: Hey! I have 4.5 years experience in ICU, ER, Medical/Surgical and Telemetry. I love knowing that I can make sick people laugh or better with my humor and my knowledge - double whammy! My favorite quote is, "Be Here Now." Follow me on Instagram @jenna_laface
Figs scrubs review by Nurse Daniel
"The best scrubs I've ever owned!"
"First things first - I get a ton of compliments on these Figs scrubs. They are extremely comfortable and flexible. The fabric is soft yet durable. Overall, these are the best scrubs I’ve ever owned - they are stylish and I love the color." - Daniel Henriquez, RN
Meet Nurse Daniel: Hi! I have 9 years experience in CVICU. I love that I get the opportunity to take care of my patients while they are sick but, also bond with them and their family. My favorite quote is, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” —Steve Jobs. Follow me on Instagram: @dondjrn
We scoured Amazon for scrubs with the highest star ratings and best positive reviews, here you go!
#1: Cherokee Workwear Revolution
#2: Cherokee Workwear Professionals
#3: Just Love Women's Scrub Set
With a 4-star rating and over 26,000 reviews this affordable scrub set is not only a bargain at $18.74 for the whole but is also a fan-fav!
#4: Cherokee Men's Originals Scrub Pants
#5: Barco One 3-Pocket Boost Jogger Scrub Pant
With 4.5 stars and over 12,000 reviews, Barco's Jogger scrub pants are not only loved by nurses but fashionable and trendy too!
#6: Dagacci Scrubs Top and Pants Set
#7 Heartsoul Low Rise Jogger Scrub Pant
With 4.5 stars and over 13,000 reviews on Amazon, these jogger-style scrub pants are a "perfect fit," seriously - check the reviews!
#8 Cherokee Infinity Mid Rise Tapered Jogger
With 4.5 stars and over 16,000 reviews on Amazon, these joggers are comfortable and trendy!
#9: Cherokee Women's V-Neck Scrub Top
#10: KOI Light Performance Stretch Women's Scrub Pant
With 4.5 stars and over 9,000 reviews on Amazon, most nurses say these KOI scrubs are flattering and comfy - now that's a win, win!
Worried about the lasting environmental effects of the products you purchase? Looking for scrubs that are not made with harmful chemicals and dyes? Well, we thought it was important to add a few sustainable scrub options to the list.
- Barco One Sustainable Scrubs' sustainable fabric incorporates 5 recycled plastic bottles in each garment.
- Mediclo is a scrub company that was founded by a medical professional with over 20 years experience. The brand focuses on sustainable, eco-friendly clothing and production.
- Blue Sky Scrubs are fair trade and ethically made in Austin, TX.
Whether you are new to the healthcare field, or just can’t seem to find a great pair of scrubs, finding the perfect uniform can feel daunting. But there are many things to look for when finding the right scrubs for you!
Here are the most important things to consider when shopping for scrubs:
Scrubs can range in style from flair to a more utility appearance. Observe what some of your co-workers are wearing to decide what styles are right for you.
Every scrub style and brand is going to fit slightly differently. Always try on your scrubs at home and wear them for a few minutes to decide if you should keep them before wearing them to work.
Does your institution or facility require a certain scrub color? Are you allowed to wear patterns? Always check with your administration to make sure you are following the dress code!
Your scrub materials will tell you a lot about how your scrubs will perform over time. For example, scrubs with spandex in them tend to be more stretchy than those that are only polyester. Cotton will feel softer but may require ironing.
Cost is always a consideration when shopping for work-related apparel. But it is important to remember that high-quality scrubs can be worn for many months or years, so it may save you money in the long term to splurge on a more expensive brand that makes you feel great.
What are the most flattering scrubs?
- The most flattering scrubs are the ones that fit your body type and that you feel most comfortable in. Scrub pant types can include straight, flair, jogger, boot, and tapered fits. Scrub pant shirts are available in classic, modern, maternity, unisex, and plus sizes. It is important to try on several styles to determine the most flattering scrubs for you.
What is the most comfortable brand of scrubs?
- Not only are Jaanuu scrubs often reported as being extremely comfortable, but they also have a loungewear “Comfort Rx” line for patient-care and post-work recovery and leisure!
How do I look more professional in scrubs?
- Looking more professional in scrubs starts with wearing a style that makes you feel good and helps you perform well on the job. Many companies also offer ancillary apparel to style out any health worker’s appearance and make it more professional-looking.
Are expensive scrubs worth it?
- Many nurses who wear Figs scrubs report that the durability, comfort, and style are worth the increased price point. It is important to remember that quality scrubs are an investment, but great scrubs can be worn hundreds of times before needing replacement which makes expensive scrubs worth it.
How often should scrubs be cleaned?
- Scrubs must be cleaned after every shift for infection prevention purposes. It is never OK to wear dirty scrubs more than once. In the event your scrubs become soiled on the job, it may be necessary to change into new scrubs to finish your shift.
How many pairs of scrubs do you need?
- Since most nurses work about three 12-hour shifts a week, owning at least three pairs of scrubs allows nurses to wash their scrubs on their off days and still have enough to get through the week. However, if you work more hours per week or are required to wear different color scrubs for different facilities, you will likely need several more pairs of scrubs.
What are the best materials for scrubs?
- That depends on what you're looking for. Cotton is breathable and soft, but may wrinkle more easily. Polyester is made of synthetic fiber and is a high-tech nursing scrub fabric that resists stains and wrinkles, and does not shrink or stretch. This material might be less comfortable for some people. Spandex is a synthetic fiber that is more resistant to perspiration and stains. Rayon is made of regenerated cellulose fiber from wood pulp, and can be used to make scrubs that feel like silk, cotton, or wool. Some scrub brands use a blend of these materials to create a more durable and comfortable scrub.